Born and raised in Singapore, Jaryl is currently employed as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Cloudflare.
He has graduated with a diploma in Information Technology (N54) specializing in Solutions Architecture by Ngee Ann Polytechnic. At his time there he was given the opportunity to experience working at Silicon Valley for his final year internship.
Throughout his course of life, he has taken up many leadership roles and positions.
An avid software engineer, gamer, and an overall I.T enthusiast since a young age. He have also taken up Japanese Taiko percussion and table tennis as hobbies. Proficient in software engineering, presenting and networking. Team player.
- Part operations, part software engineering
- Ensuring thousands of metals that make up Cloudflare's Edge backbone are consistently up and reliable during on-call rotations
- Design, write, and deliver software that improves Cloudflare's Edge platform
Solutions: SaltStack, Kubernetes, Linux
Programming: Python and Golang
- Part of Engineering Excellence chapter
- Developing services for the organization
- Developing and managing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) for the organization
- Developing and managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows
- Developing and deploying webhook proxies
- Configuring and deploying API Gateways
- Configuring and managing automation platforms (Workato)
Solutions: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform & Terragrunt, GitHub Actions, Workato, Kong, interfacing with various other APIs
- Deploying and developing IAM solutions, focusing on Single Sign-On (SSO), Identity Management (IDM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM).
- Lead native Android developer with experience in integrating with Vkey SDK
- Developing in-house solutions and projects, mainly in Java
Solutions: OneIdentity, Vkey Android SDK, ForgeRock Access Manager and Directory Service, BeyondTrust Password Safe
Programming: Java (Spring, Jersey, RESTEasy, Grizzly, Undertow, Tomcat), VB.NET
Databases: Microsoft SQL (MSSQL), MongoDB, OpenDJ
Deputy shift commander for live operations (Ops Bacinet).
Leading and managing a platoon in conventional and urban warfare
- Primarily focused on the back-end of the platform with occasional focus on the front-end of the Foglogic platform.
- Managing, constructing and migration of databases schemas.
- Managing of the Ubuntu AWS cloud server that hosts the Foglogic platform.
Languages: Java (SAPJCo3), PHP (Laravel), HTML & CSS (Bootstrap), JS (jQuery)
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
Servers: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cumulative GPA of 3.9014
Gold award for Co-Curricular Activities
2014 – 2015 : Head of Taiko
L1R4 of 9 points
Gold award for Co-Curricular Activities
2010 : Vice President of InfoComm Club
2011 : President of InfoComm Club
2011 – 2012 : Executive Committee of Student Council
I have a few years of experience developing front-end and back-end websites. I mostly specialize in back-end.
– PHP 7 (Laravel), ASP.NET
– HTML5 & CSS3 (Bootstrap, SCSS)
– JS (jQuery, GSAP, ScrollMagic, chart.js)
I have managed many different database systems (including flat file ones) throughout my academic and work life.
– MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
– SQLite, H2
I have worked with Java for many years now with my very first public project (FoundBoxx) based on it. I have also delved into Java web applications.
– Spring Framework
– Microframeworks (Jersey, RESTEasy)
– Web Servers (Tomcat, Grizzly, Undertow)
I have garnered experience throughout my education and personal projects on these languages:
I have worked with multiple Linux distros and currently running ArchLinux as my daily driver. Experience with Bash scripting.
I have knowledge in various software for media editing.
– Adobe Photoshop
– Final Cut Pro
I have been commended for impressive presentation skills throughout my academic life.
– PowerPoint, LibreImpress
– Apple Keynote
I have taken up numerous leadership roles in life and has garnered experience in every role.
I believe that meeting and working with others as a requirement for success. I treat everyone with mutual levels of respect.